CDS Camp 2017 Private Swimming Lessons
A limited number of private swimming lessons taught by the CDS pool staff are available for campers who are reliably potty-trained. If your child is enrolled in both a separate AM and PM class and thus will be swimming twice daily, please do not schedule individual swim lessons at this time.
The lessons are 30 minutes long and are taught one-on-one in the heated CDS pool while under the supervision of a lifeguard. These lessons extend the skills taught in the regular swim program. If your child's lesson follows his/her camp class, we will deliver them to the lesson and you’ll pick them up at the pool, or if a lesson is scheduled before an afternoon class please plan to bring your child to the pool upon arrival and we will deliver them to class after the lesson.
· Cost: The lessons are $55.00 per day, or $165 per 3-week Session for one recurring lesson slot each of the 3 weeks.
· Time: Lessons are scheduled at 11:30-12:00, 12:00-12:30 and 3:30-4:00. While you may select any time convenient and available, the 11:30-12:00 space allows morning campers to attend directly after class, the 12:00-12:30 space allows afternoon campers to attend before joining class, and the 3:30-4:00 space allows afternoon campers to attend directly after class.
· Restrictions: There are no make-ups for absences [illness, leaving early, vacation, etc.]. Cancellations due to inclement weather requiring the pool to be closed will be rescheduled, usually within the child’s camp day when space is available. Children must be very reliably toilet-trained, as we have to close the pool if there is a bathroom accident during swimming. We do not recommend individual lessons for children attending both a morning and afternoon camp class as they already swim twice per day and we find a third session overwhelms the children.
· Number of lessons: In general, most children benefit from one or two lessons a week. Some older children may enjoy more lessons while others find it too much.
· Questions: please email Laura Day (email@example.com).
To sign up, please click here.